How Long Is The Course?
The course is spread over 4 months including exam.
The contact lesson is run Wednesday mornings for 12 weeks (for dates please see the Massage course details).
If you are too busy to attend classes during the week, you can chose to study this course by distance learning. This is an on going course so you can choose to start it at a time to suit you from the comfort at your own home.
How Is The Course Taught by distance learning?
Distance learning involves a one hour phone call from the course tutor, once a week with course notes and mock multi choice test paper on the system you are studying being emailed to you afterwards.
If you choose to study without the tutor then course notes and a mock multi choice test paper on each system will be emailed to you at the same time each week. You will be expected to have sat the mock paper before the next systems course notes arrive.
Students need pens, paper, coloured pencils and an A4 book binder with plastic folders to put notes in. Neat and tidy notes are mandatory and are counted towards the final mark. This course requires around 6 hours home study per week.
At the end of the course students sit a 1 hour Anatomy & Physiology multichoice theory paper with 50 questions
On satisfactory completion of the course students are presented with an International ITEC Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology.
What can I use my qualification for?
Many courses in complementary medicine require knowledge of anatomy & physiology. This diploma can be used to gain accesses on to such courses. For therapists already in practice, the course will add depth to present knowledge. It is also suitable for people who do not wish to pursue a career in Complementary Medicine, but who wish to learn more about the body.
The distance learning course is an on going course so you can choose to do this whenever is convenient for you and from the comfort of your own home.
1 hour multi-choice theory paper consisting of 50 questions with 4 possible answers
Cost of course is £450 for contact tuition .
£300 for distance learning (with a course tutor)
£240 for self tuition (without the course tutor)
Plus exam fee.
Anatomy & Physiology Syllabus
(for a more in-depth look at the syllabus visit www.itecworld.co.uk). Click International on top left of page, then Complementary, then Anatomy and Physiology
- The function & composition of the skeletal system
- The different types of bone tissue
- The different types of joints
- The cause and effect of disease on the skeletal system
- The function & composition of the muscular system
- Voluntary, involuntary and cardiac muscle
- Diseases of the muscular system
- The function & composition of the skin
- Skin diseases
- The structure and function of the cell
- The process of mitosis and meiosis
- The structure and function of arteries and veins
- The composition of blood
- The structure and function of the heart & the pulmonary and systemic circulation
- Diseases of the vascular system
- The structure and function of lymph & lymphocytes
- Main lymph nodes of the body
- The interrelationship between blood and lymph
- The structure and function of the spleen
- The functions of the Central Nervous System
- The Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous System (sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions)
- The structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord
- The effects of stress on this system
- The diseases of the nervous system
- The position function and composition of the main endocrine glands
- The effects of hormones during puberty, pregnancy, and the menopause
- Effects of stress on the endocrine system
- Diseases of the endocrine system
- The structure and function of the respiratory system
- The process of internal respiration
- The structure and function of the pulmonary circulation
- The process of inhalation and expiration
- Diseases of the respiratory system
- The structure and function of the digestive system
- The process of absorption
- Diseases of the digestive system
- The structure and function of the genito-urinary system
- The process of filtration
- The composition of urine
- Diseases of the genito-urinary system
- The structure and function of the male and female reproductive systems
- The menstrual cycle
- Diseases of the reproductive system
Contact us about this course: