ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy
How Long is the Course?
The course is taught one day a week spread over six months after which students attend an examination day. The complete course including exams takes around 7 months.
How is the course taught?
Visual learning aids lectures and tutorials are used to teach the theory side of Aromatherapy. Students learn the practical side by giving treatments to each other.
Students need to bring pens paper and coloured pencils, A4 binders with plastic folders to put course notes in. Neat and tidy notes are mandatory and are counted towards the final mark. A white uniform with black trousers and therapy shoes are also required.
At the end of the course students sit a 1 hour practical exam, where knowledge of essential oils, client care and standards of hygiene are assessed. Students also need to submit documented evidence of having treated 6 x 6 full case studies and 15 x 1 part case studies and 9 special case studies (e.g face masks, foot baths inhalation, etc).
On satisfactory completion of the course students are presented with an ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy.
You may apply to join The Complementary Therapy Association CThA.
The cost of the course, including handouts and the student workbook, but excluding exams is £1850.00. For your convenience this can be paid for by instalments.
Prerequisite for course
Students must hold a recognised Massage Anatomy and Physiology Diploma.
- The history, development and definition of Aromatherapy
- The holistic approach to healing
- A look at other complementary therapies
- Defining essential oils
- Methods of extraction
- Dangers of overdose
- An in-depth examination of 42 essential oils
- Botanical names of the plants
- Chemical constituents
- Country of origin
- How to blend essential oils
- Maximum number of oils in one treatment
- Carrier oils
- Integral biology
- Methods of applying essential oils
- Effects of essential oils on the body
- The structure and function of the olfactory system
- Efficient preparation of the workplace
- Standards of hygiene
- Consultation procedures
- Record keeping
- Understanding the therapeutic effect of the 40 oils
- Client care and professionalism
- Selecting and blending of oils
- Aromatherapy massage
- Referral procedures
- Advising clients on the safe use of oils in the home
- Designing a Business Plan
- Marketing and advertising your services
- Sole trader, Ltd company, Partnership
- Book keeping
Health and Safety at work
- Insurance cover
- Local and National By Laws
- First Aid
Course Tutor: Sylvia Brearley
If you would like to contact us about this course, please get in touch today.
at The Mindfulspace Wellbeing Company,
14-15 Canal Basin,
Ripon HG4 1AQ
0844 884 3410