ITEC Diploma in Massage
QCF Level 3
How Long Is The Course?
The course is spread over 21 levels. The complete course including exams usually takes around 8 months.
How Is The Course Taught?
Visual learning aids, lectures and tutorials are used to teach the theory side of the course. For the practical side students learn by giving treatments to each other.
Students need to bring with them pens, paper, coloured pencils and five A4 bookbinders with plastic folders to put notes in. Neat and tidy notes are mandatory and are counted towards the final mark. A course uniform is also required. This consists of a white tunic top and black trousers, with flat therapy shoes.
At the end of the course students sit a one-hour Anatomy & Physiology multi-choice exam paper, plus a one hour practical exam, where massage techniques, as well as client care and standards of hygiene, are assessed. Students also need to submit written evidence of 15 part treatments and 8 x2 full treatments.
On satisfactory completion of the course, students are presented with an ITEC Diploma in Massage.
You can apply to join The Complementary Therapist Association CThA
The cost of the course, including handouts and student workbook and examination fees is £1850.00. For your convenience, this can be paid for by instalments.
- History of massage
- The holistic approach to massage
- Classical massage movements
- Physiological and psychological benefits of massage
- Appropriate mediums for massage (oil, talc cream)
- Professionalism ethics and client care
- Contra-indications to massage
- A look at other complementary therapies
For full information on this section, please refer to the Anatomy and Physiology section of the ITEC website www.itecworld.co.uk
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- The Skin
- Vascular System
- Lymphatic system
- Neurological System
- Endocrine System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Genito-Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Nails and Hair
Students must also study the following core subjects:
Professional ethics and Client Care
- Operating within professional boundaries
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Building rapport with the medical profession
First Aid and Treatment Room Safety
- Contents of a First Aid Box
- Administering First Aid
- Health and Safety Laws
Hygiene and Sterilisation
- Personal hygiene for the therapist
- Methods of sterilisation
- Cross infections
- Designing a consultation card
- Client modesty
- Sole trader, Ltd company, Partnership
- Insurance cover
- Advertising and mark
- Marketing your services
- Book keeping
- Designing a business plan
If you would like to contact us about this course, please get in touch today.
at The Mindfulspace Wellbeing Company,
14-15 Canal Basin,
Ripon HG4 1AQ
0844 884 3410