Course Date: October 2019 – May 2020
Our 2019 ITEC Reflexology Course dates have been released.
Enrolment now open
Gain an internationally recognised qualification that will enable you to practice Reflexology with confidence and professionalism.
Start a New Career
Whether you are expanding your therapies portfolio or wish to start a completely new career, this is the course for you.
Our Reflexology course is taught in a smaller class environment, encouraging learning and higher pass grades.
Ready to Join Us?
Welcome to our Reflexology Course. We have open enrollment right now and you can contact us or sign up today.
You will be joining a school where students consistently achieve high merits and distinctions and we know our current intake will be capable of the same great high-end results.
Our ITEC accredited course will teach you the skills and enable the confidence you seek to become a professional reflexology practitioner.
Clear and Concise Course Material
We will supply you with all the written material you need in order gain your ITEC qualification.
Practical Video Demonstrations
Our students get exclusive access to online video tutorials, so you can continue to practice and absorb the information even when you are not in class.
An informal introduction event for this course will be held on Sunday 1st September 2019. I will be there to discuss the course, tell you more about what can be expected and to answer any questions you may have. This is an ideal opportunity to discover the course in more detail. If you would like to attend, please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org- Philippa, Reflexology Tutor
- The history theory and philosophy of Reflexology
- The concepts and theories as to how and why Reflexology works
- Knowledge of the Zones and their relation to organs and glands in the body
- The reflex areas on the hand and feet
- Referral areas/cross-references
- Client reactions during and after treatment
- Referral procedures
- Theory of hand treatments
- The effects of stress on the body
- Integral biology
- Contraindications to treatment
- Use of foot charts
- Home care advice
- A look at other complementary therapies
Anatomy & Physiology
- The structure of the feet, ankles and lower leg
- The disorders and conditions of the feet and nails
- The structure of the hand wrist and lower arm
- The disorders/conditions of the hand and nails
- Efficient preparation of the workplace
- Consultation procedures
- Record keeping and its importance
- Professionalism, ethics and client care
- Listening skills
- Relaxation techniques
- Reading of the feet (texture, temperature, colour, tone, smell)
- Reflex areas of the hand and feet
- Interpretation of reflexes
- Recognition of disorders of the hands, feet and nails
- Clinical observation of the body
- Hand Reflexology
- Hand treatments for self-help
Students will also study the following core subjects:
- Professional ethics and client care
- Operating within professional boundaries
- Contraindications to treatment
- Building rapport with the medical profession
First Aid and Treatment Room Safety
- Contents of a First Aid Box
- Administering First Aid
- Health and Safety Laws
Hygiene and Sterilisation
- Personal hygiene for the therapist
- Methods of sterilisation
- Cross infections
- Data protection/client privacy
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Client modesty
- Marketing and advertising your services
- Sole traders
- Ltd companies
- Accounts tax and VAT
- Business Plan
Health and Safety at work
- Public Liability Insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Local and National By Laws
- Cross infection
- Hygiene and sterilisation in the clinic
Get exclusive access to class videos and online lessons.
Students need to bring pens paper and four A4 binders with plastic folders to put documented case studies in and the two course assignments. Neat and tidy notes are mandatory and are counted towards the final mark. A uniform is also required. which consists of black trousers, flat comfortable dark shoes, and a white tunic top.
At the end of the course, students sit a 1-hour practical exam where Reflexology techniques, as well as client care and standards of hygiene, are assessed. Students also need to submit documented evidence of having given 100 treatments. This consists of 60 part treatments and 40 full ones (example 10 people treated 4 times with a full treatment, and 6 people treated 10 times with a part treatment). Also have completed the two course assignments.
On satisfactory completion of the course and exams, students are presented with an ITEC Diploma in Reflexology.
Prerequisite for the course:
A Recognised Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology.
Course Fee – £1950.00
Course Tutor: Philippa James
Did You Know?
YSOCT have been running reflexology courses since 1987.
This year’s course is run one weekend a month and spread out over 8 consecutive months, with an individual one to one tutorial in April 2020. Students will attend an examination day in May 2020.
The complete course, including exams, takes around 8 months. Visual learning aids, lectures, and tutorials are used to teach the theory side of the course. Students learn practical sessions by giving treatments to each other.
If you would like to contact us about this course, please get in touch today.
at The Mindfulspace Wellbeing Company,
14-15 Canal Basin,
Ripon HG4 1AQ
0844 884 3410